WiregrassWx™ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wiregrass Region's Weather Source!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weather Warnings
Weather Warnings

People Needed for the CoCoRaHS!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
admin
Admin
Admin
admin

Male
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-01-10

People Needed for the CoCoRaHS! Empty
PostSubject: People Needed for the CoCoRaHS!   People Needed for the CoCoRaHS! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:12 am

What is CoCoRaHS??

CoCoRaHS is an acronym for the Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network. CoCoRaHS is a unique, non-profit, community-based network of volunteers of all ages and backgrounds working together to measure and map precipitation (rain, hail and snow). By using low-cost measurement tools, stressing training and education, and utilizing an interactive Web-site, our aim is to provide the highest quality data for natural resource, education and research applications. We currently operate in many states across the country. If we are not in your state please drop us a line and let us know that you have an interest in participating. This helps us know where a desire exists for the network and where to focus our future expansion efforts.
I am a Volunteer with the CoCoRaHS. And I encourage everyone to go to the website and join. It only cost about 27 dollars to buy a Rain Gauge. It has to be one they approve of. I'm the County Coordinator of Barbour, so if anyone in this county can contact me.
Thanks,
Eric

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wiregrasswx

People Needed for the CoCoRaHS!
Page 1 of 1